The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My day today

Matt has been in town all week but "gone" because there are company people in town and he has had to go into work early for meetings and stay late for wining and dining of the out of towners. So, it has been just me and the girls this week. But I do love that my girls are getting older and are good little companions to have around. Anywho, this morning I had a dental appointment that I was tempted to miss, just because it was going to be hard to get myself and the girls ready and be at the appt by 9am. I am proud to say, we made it. Let's face it though, I am a snob when it comes to seeing the dentist. Having worked for a DDS for about 6 years after my mission, I know a good teeth cleaning when I see one and this one was not good. The girl, serious, she looked 15 just didn't clean my toofers the way I like. And the actual dentist, she looked 14 and didn't even do any sort of exam. That really annoys me. There was a 1/2 hour of my life wasted. The girls did good though and I appreciate that they are so good and will sit in the corner reading books and playing Ipod (thanks Steve Jobs! RIP)

Then we went to see the oil change place where I had just gone yesterday but we had to go back because there is a rattling in my van now. Of course, they couldn't find anything wrong and now my car is rattly. Super annoying.

SO, we went home and tried for naps but neither girly was sleepy and every time I checked on Belle to see if she was sleeping, she would be sitting up, wearing her hat, playing with toys that she somehow reached through the bars of her crib. So, I was tired and really wanting to lay down with the girls but I didn't want to fight them so we all got ready and went to the mall.

My main objective at the mall was to get new makeup. I haven't bought new makeup in awhile and was really looking forward to getting some Artliner by Lancome and some new mascara and eyeshadow. It didn't disappoint and I got some beautiful colors and couldn't wait to put it on. Ruby was playing with the makeup with me and while the lady was helping me, I hear Ruby say something about lipstick and I looked down. I wish I picture to show but of course I don't but she had taken a bright red lipstick and put it all over lips and surrounding lip areas. Honestly, it was totally cute and I told her how good it looked but the lady was looking at her too and I think she got a little embarrassed. But it was seriously cute. And I love that she did it. It was pretty good placement for a 3 1/2 year old.

After the makeup, we went over to the play area to wear out my already tired kids. While we were there, Ruby ran over and climbed up on the bench next to me and the next thing I know, this boy about her age or size or whatever, ran over and I thought he was just sitting next to her or they were playing together. Well, then he put one hand over her throat like he was choking herand the other hand starting pulling her hair and beating her over the head. I couldn't believe my eyes! I grabbed her and tried to pull her away and I see this crazy kids mom come over to pull her kid off Ruby. I was so MAD. The mom didn't even say anything. And I just yelled at her to get her kid off my kid! Ruby was screaming and I calmed her down the whole time eyeballing that kid and mom. I wanted to leave but we had just got there and Ruby wanted to stay so I just kept a close eye on her and Belle. A few minutes later, out of nowhere, the kid runs back over and starts pounding on Ruby again. I'm sure "pounding" is a strong word but I just grabbed her and held onto her and gave the mom a dirty look and told them to get away from us. I was so infuriated. At the same time, while my blood was boiling and my heart was punding I couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with that kid-something had to be wrong with him. And why would he know about beating and strangling. But, at the same time, I was freaked out and mad that he was doing that to Ruby. She was screaming and crying again and I saw that they were leaving so I just made sure they were GONE before I let her down again. So, that was my traumatizing play area experience for the day. It makes me never want to send my kids into the real world where people will hurt them or crap is going to happen to them. I feel like Marlin in Finding Nemo (guess what we have been watching a lot lately) but it is hard to see that kind of stuff happen and I won't always be there to pull her from the freaks and psychos in the world.

After that our day was pretty uneventful except for Belle crying for an hour after we got home because she was so tired but we made it through the day and I even got to watch Project Runway at its normal scheduled time because the kids were in bed. So, was it a good or bad day, I don't really know. It was good because my girls are cute and fun. It is one more day closer to having the babe. So, I will just focus on that stuff and not the kid who was trying to strangle Ruby.

4 comments:

Brynley said...

love it! i can't believe that boy. Love that ruby put the make up. Sam last night put on all the princess costumes. I will have to post about it. I need to get the boy in some sports.

Robyn said...

If you think your dentist appointment was bad, you should live in the UK. The last dental appointment I went to, I waited for at least 20 minutes, just for the dentist to look at my teeth and tell me that they were fine. No cleaning, no scraping off plaque (apparently I didn't have any), nothing.

I can believe the boy doing those things to Ruby, even though it makes me mad just thinking about it. I can't believe that the mom didn't do ANYTHING about it. I guess that's why the boy is like that. Whenever some kid does something mean to my kids, and I'm around, I scold that kid, whether he's mine or not. Somebody needs to tell them what they're doing is wrong, so I will.

Well done for making it through the day, and the week basically by yourself. I've been there, it's tough.

Linz said...

You have a good perspective in that you are considering why that boy is like that in addition to the fact of being mad about it. I have to admit, I mainly focus on being mad in those situations! Although I've never seen it that bad, that is CRAZY!! Poor Rubles! The scary thing about playgrounds and stuff to me is how little children are supervised by their caregivers. I have kids coming up and asking me to push them on the swing or watch them do stuff and I feel bad but I'm usually like, "Can you go ask your Mom or grown-up because I am taking care of 3 little kids?" To me there is just a lack of care and supervision out there and I would include that Mom in that! WOW!

maryp said...

I was totally MAD Linz! Like, shaking and heart pounding. That kind thought crossed my mind for a split second and then all the bad thoughts were very present. I know what you mean about lack of supervision. When we are at the playground, all the parents are sitting on the benches texting and talking on the phone while their kids are playing. It is so annoying, especially when their kids are acting up.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.