The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Friday, August 26, 2011

LOVE THEM

I just want to say that I love-I mean LOVE-my kids. I am so excited to have another one. My girls have been such a handful lately but they are growing and developing and learning SO much. It is amazing to see what they are doing and their little/HUGE personalities coming out.

Ruby has turned into a little friend overnight. She talks so much and is so inquisitive about everything. She doesn't stop thinking or moving or asking questions. Her imagination is so fun and she is always saying the cutest things. Since she isn't in preschool yet, we enrolled her in a dance class once a week just to get her going on something. She LOVES it and it is darling to see her in her little leotard, tights and shoes with her hair pulled back. She loves to help in the kitchen, well pretty much with anything, cleaning, cooking and folding laundry-mostly the towels and washcloths but she still helps. She will be so helpful to have around when new baby comes. She and Belle are the best of friends but becoming little enemies too, which is the way of sisters sometimes but I know they love each other. When they are both in a good mood and happy, it is a sight to behold how well they get along.

Belle on the other hand, is a full blown terrible two-er! She turns 2 in September (i can't believe it!!) and has turned from zen baby to baby monster. She has this fake cry, which I am sure she learned from her sissy, that is pretty funny, ONLY because it is SO fake. She sticks out her lower jaw, squuezes her eyes shut until tears pop out and just yells! It is funny thinking about it now but when it is going on, I want to scream along with her. It is maddening. She has gotten to be stubborn and easily frustrated when something doesn't go exactly the way she wants it. But, besides being a terrible two-er, she is so cute! Her hair is getting longer and curly in the back. It looks like a baby mullet but I don't want to cut it because I don't want the curls to go away! She loves babies and animals. We went to the humane society the other day to look at the animals and she couldn't stop squeaking. The lady at the counter thought we had a little Pomeranian with us because of the way she sounded. She just squeaks and holds out her hands to hold the animals. It is so cute and I hope she never stops. She sleeps with an entourage of her little stuffed babies and animals. She is totally attached to her blanky. She is learning so much and is almost running everywhere. I am just glad she is finally walking and I know she is too. She loves to go outside-I just wish kids had a filter and knew when it was too hot to go outside but she doesn't care, she just loves the outdoors. I can't wait until it cools down so we can start going to the park again.

I love being a mom. It is such a blessing to me. Matt asked me what my dream job was and I told him I was doing it. I love it. Kids are a challenge but it is so rewarding to see them grow. I can't even imagine the people they will become.

4 comments:

The Kennedys said...

I can't wait to meet those cuties one day! :)

Linz said...

So fun to read about them. Can't wait to live closer! When I met you and saw you interacting with your nieces and nephews I knew you would be an amazing Mom and enjoy it as you do!

Robyn said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun. Isn't it amazing how one person can be so frustrating and yet so cute and funny and adorable, almost at the same time? That's kids for you! You can't help but love them and think they are the cutest things in the world, even when they can be so stubborn and determined to get their own way. You've got to post some pics, I can't believe that Belle is almost 2 already! Where does the time go?

Brynley said...

thanks for the uplifting post. I wish I could come visit. We are missing you guys. When the kids get older I totally want to do a trip back east and we will have to stop at the price home!!

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.