I love having sisters who don't have kids yet so they can play with mine. They have taken my place as the fun aunt...now I'm just the tired pregnant mom!
We drove up to Sawyer MI this past weekend to spend some time with the fam! First I love Lake MI so I was totally pumped to go and get some beach action! The weather wasn't that great but it was still fun!! I loved seeing my nieces and nephews, Riley, Reidle, Violet, Daphne and Silas, and I loved the cousin time my girls got to have. It was an awesome beach house full of chaos and laughter and I loved it. The drive up and down wasn't event hat bad either. We stopped in a hotel to break it up a little so we got to eat out a lot and go swimming, so it made it even more vacationey. I love that my husband is willing to put up with my crazy big family. He is a good man! There is something totally rejuvenating about the beach. Ocean or lake, I love it. And the good thing is that Lake MI is like the ocean, just without the scary sharks, killer octopus and whatever else can git ya! Blue (or gray this weekend) as far as the eye can see. It was also a nice break from the weather down here is Nashville. We left 90 degree weather and came home to 90+ weather. Ugh! It is only June and the HEAT is already setting in. It is going to be a long summer!!
The only regret I have about our beach weekend is I didn't take enough photos of the cuzzies!!! What was I thinking???
Happy Memorial Day everyone!! Two days late!
3 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun!
Is that Warren Sand Dunes in Sawyer? We always like to stop there to and from Chicago (when it isn't snowing!). It would be SO fun to have a family reunion there! Glad yours was great! :)
yeah Christine, it is warren sand dunes. What a fun place it was! The beach was gorgeous!
Post a Comment