The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

today in TN

Today we played, did laundry, went to the doctor, watched Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue, started our canvas of happiness, cleaned and then messed up the house and colored. It has been a long day today. Matt went out of town this morning, bright and early, and will be back tomorrow but I MISS him. I don't like when he is gone. I don't know how wives who have husbands who travel, do it all the time. No me gusta. The girls love when he comes home and they always get their super second wind when he walks in the door. It is so cute! I think I must suck the energy out of everyone, cuz no one does that while I'm home.
I am craving cookies or cake or brownies right now. I am trying to lose weight. I just don't feel great right now. I'm only 32 and shouldn't feel like I am 60. My back hurts from bending over and picking up kids and toys and everything else that is on the floor, my knee hurts, my poor skeleton just wasn't meant to carry this extra weight. I am doing much better with my diet but I still am craving sweets like CRAZY!!! I love dessert and have always had an insane sweet tooth. How do you get over that???
Belle climber up 4 stairs today. She is taking her SWEET time walking. SO a climb up the stairs was a nice surprise. I wish she would walk. She is quite the litte turkey and it is hard carrying her. I do have some amazing biceps though.
TN is having a SNOWSTORM tonight. That means everything shuts down. There are police briefings, news flashes with excited reporters and school closings already. It is annoying to me. They cancel school EVERYTIME it snows. I miss my TV newscasters from Detroit. Guy Gordon and Rhonda Walker were so wonderful. The reporters here are kind of homely looking. Rhonda always looked so nice.

4 comments:

alecia said...

I loved Guy and Rhonda!! And that newer weather man, Eric something. And the other weather woman, Kim something... I used to call them my friends when I was pregnant because I would pretty much just stay up all night, and I was so happy when they would come on at 5am... Loving our southern winter!
I used to do a 5 minute exercise everytime I wanted to snack or eat sweets.

Linz said...

What is your canvas of happiness? I am very intrigued! Nate has traveled both of the past two weeks. I am basically a zombie by day's end. Hang in there, you can do this!

The Kennedys said...

I can't believe you guys are getting snow! I also hate when TK travels...or is home late with clients in town, etc. It's exhausting!

Robyn said...

Mary I feel for you, and can definitely empathize. Paul did a lot of travelling with his project the last couple of years, and it's tough. It's doable, but it's exhausting. The funny thing is, when they are gone for a while, you kind of get used to being on your own, and then it's actually a bit of an adjustment to have them back. It's weird. Anyway, I like having something sweet for dessert, so instead of ice-cream, or cookies, etc, I have yogurt (I like plain), with fruit and granola. I thinks it's very yummy, and it satisfies my sweet tooth while still be pretty healthy. Have fun in the snow tomorrow :)

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.