The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

know what I love???

I love homegoods...well, the store, but actual home things. Looking back, I SHOULD have gone into interior design and learned all I can on how to make a home beautiful. I love beautiful, cool unique furniture and brightly colored pictures and things with character. I always tell my sister, who is getting into her decorating groove, to just go with things you love. And now that we have a home, I just want to go crazy buying things. Por ejemplo, and this is a small thing, I just went to target and got some cute dishes that were on sale after Vday. They are so bright and cute and I love them. I always say to Matt, " don't you LOVE this or that or these???" refering to new houseware purchases. He looks at me like I am crazy for loving an inanimate object but I love anything that makes our house pretty and fun to live in.
I don't think I will ever have a house that is museum-esque. Know what I am talking about?? I want my house to be livable and comfortable for all who live here or visit. Especially my kiddos.
Speaking of Homegoods the store, I was there last week looking for a lamp and saw the cutest teal based bird pictures that would be perfect for our bathroom. I didn't buy them because they were $16.99 each but I have been thinking about them since I left the store. I should have bought them....

2 comments:

Linz said...

Ooooooooooh...you are going to go back for those, aren't you? Or at least watch for their price to drop?

maryp said...

They were gone when I went back! WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.