The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Thursday, January 13, 2011

merry christmas and happy new year

Even though we have been doing so much since my last post, I have not felt like blogging much. When I get too far behind, it just gets overwhelming. We had such a fun Christmas at home in MI. A lot of my family hates going to MI and lovingly refer to it as the armpit of the country (specifically Ypsi) but now that we have moved from there, I love going back to see my family. It is nice to go to church where people actually know us and know that we are cool people. A few of the highlights: after Christmas shopping with Beth and my mom, taking Riley and Ruby to see Rapencil (tangled) CUTEST MOVIE EVER!!, Christmas Eve with the entire fam and too many sweets to name!! Let alone EAT!, having my family spoil and love my kids and not having to cook or clean the entire time we were there. It was a true vacay!!

Since we have been home and re settlinginto our home, I have been keenly aware of the blessings that Heavenly Father has blessed us with. With 2010 being such a crazy year, I have felt the hand of the Lord guiding and directing us. Even with all of the changes, He was the one constant in our lives and I appreciate that. I love being a member of the church and knowing that I have a Heavenly Father watching over us. Me and Matt have made a goal to go to the temple at least once a month. We went last weekend and it was sweet. Thank goodness for the temple. I am looking forward to this year. I think it will be great!

Another blessing I have seen is because of scripture reading. I haven't been sleeping good at all the past few weeks. A few days ago, I have started reading my scriptures right before bed and now I can sleep. Since the night I started doing this, I have slept like a baby. So, thanks Heavenly Father!! I can actually get through the day and not feel sluggish and horrible. A good nights sleep is amazing!

I am watching The Office right now and it is the wedding episode and I love when they dance down the aisle.

Also, I found a new mascara that is AMAZING!! It is Sephora brand, smoky lash. It makes my miniscule eyelashes look long and voluminous. I love finding a great product. Speaking of great products, have I mentioned how MUCH I LOVE my new washer and dryer??? I LOVE THEM!! They make laundry a joy. I am making a new canvas of happiness this week and am thinking of things to put on it...should I put the washer and dryer???

One more thing that I love, well two: RUBY and BELLE. They get sweeter and more fun every day!! Plus, they love each other and hug and play together. It is awesome. Belle gives hugs now and loves to snuggle. She is darling. She can say mama, dada, cow and "eiei-o" and Belle Belle. When I ask her to say her words, she says them and then cracks up. She has such a hearty laugh. And then Ruby laughs and we all laugh together. It is so funny. We are weaning off of nursing. She loves regular milk now so it is getting easy to cut out nursing. Belle is sleeping like a champ. Ruby is a girl now!! It is amazing how she has evolved into her little self. She is hilarious and fun but knows what she wants and when she doesn't get it, watch out! She is very grabby lately, since Belle has been playing with more toys and exploring more. Belle will be playing with a toy that Ruby hasn't touched in a year and suddenly Ruby has to have it! It is frustrating but we are working on sharing and patience! Potty training is not happening yet. My mom keeps saying Ruby will be the only 5 year old still in diapers...jeez mom!! It will happen. Even with the tinkerbell undies, there is not desire to go and throws a fit when I mention it. Ruby loves to paint and sing and dance. She loves Simon and Garfunkel's song The Boxer. She calls it the "lie-lie-lie song" I love my girls. They are so fun.

3 comments:

Brynley said...

It is crazy to think a year ago we were all together...and now we are apart b/c of our hubbies job. I'm glad the girls are playing together..=) SAM is the same way with his toys. Don't rush the potty thing. The twins have shown interest so I tried one day. And cosette was running around naked and peeing everywhere. I was like what did I get into. So I told paul no more potty until this summer when we are outside. =)

The Kennedys said...

I am glad you had fun in MI! That is funny that Ruby doesn't care about potty training. She'll get it someday! :)

Robyn said...

First of all, I loved Tangled too! It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your girls, I wish I could see a video of Belle saying her words and laughing. As far as potty training goes, don't worry too much about it. I didn't even start with Noah until after his 3rd birthday. Then we had a deadline for school, and we just had to do it. He was the same way though, just not interested AT ALL. But now he's completely potty trained, even at night,without too much stress (in hindsight of course).

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.