The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

burrito babes

Belle has been feeling under the weather last night and today. She has been acting fussy and not sleeping very well. Tonight at dinner while I was trying to set the table and get everything ready, I looked over at little Belle and she was super pale, shivering, not eating (so unlike her!) and just looked SICK. Poor little thing. So I grabbed her up, wrapped her in a big sweater of mine and cuddled her while Ruby ate her tacos. She was kind of moaning and groaning and I could tell she was not feeling well at all. I brought her upstairs and changed her into her jammies. I then looked for the warmest blankets we had and wrapped her in THREE of them and it was only then, that she settled down, and cuddled into me. She was wrapped just like a baby burrito. It reminded me of her swaddling days. I love holding babies all wrapped up, especially when they are mine. And I felt especially good that I could provide her comfort when she was feeling so crummy. We sat on the couch, all bundled up and watched her favorite Baby Einstein show and she was drinking water. Matt took Ruby up to bathe her and I could hear her crying because she was cold getting out of the tubby. She ran into the room yelling for me and jumped into my arms (Belle was on the bed) and cuddled into me and said she wanted to be "wrapped up like a tortilla like Belle Belle". Those were her exact words. It was adorable. So I grabbed her fleecy blankie and wrapped her like a little baby too and laid her on the couch to unwind before bedtime. She looked snug as a bug in a rug. What little dumplings I have. I feel sorry for little Belle. I was sick last year with chills and fever and aches and pains and it was NOT fun. And she is just a babe. I hope she feels better soon. My tortilla babies. I love being a mom.

2 comments:

teamk said...

You are a wonderful mother! Your girls will cherish reading your love thoughts later in life.

bethy said...

I love the visual of that. Poor Belle. I hope she is feeling better soon. I remember when she was a baby and you would wrap her in her fuzzy blankets. What a doll. It was so fun to see those girls at Christmas.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.