The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Saturday, December 4, 2010

the music in me

When Matt's parents were here for turkey day, his mom bought me a new ipod dock for an early Christmas present. I have it in the kitchen most of the time, with some time in the living room for music and dance time with the girls. Since Ruby has been getting into music, we listen to a lot of kids songs of course but she is even starting to like mama songs too, like Cowboy Take Me Away by the dixie chicks, Better in Time by Leona Lewis, Africa by Toto, etc etc. I am thankful that she loves music as much as I do and that she and Belle love to dance.

Anywho, since I got the new dock, I am jamming away while I make dinner, clean, laundry, whatever else. I honestly forgot about all the awesome songs I have on my ipod because we listen to so much Ruby and Belle music. It is seriously rejuvenating to sing along to my jams and dance around with these awesome songs. And it makes my usually mundane chores FUN!!! Por ejemplo, tonight I was listening to my "w" songs and White Flag by Dido came on. I LOVE this song! When it came out, I couldn't get enough of it. When I broke up with a boy, it was my awesome break up jam!! And hearing it tonight, totally brought back all those fun (yeah, breaking up was fun with the Dido song!) memories. My sister in law Linz really loved this song too and I remember driving back from NY with the family, scanning the radio stations from NY all the way to MI for White Flag. I think we heard it once during th ewhole 12 hour drive but I think it was the best 3-4 minutes of the trip, that and trying to memorize the yodeling song from the Sound of Music ( I think that was another trip, actually!) I love being taken back through time with music. I have to be careful listening to Bachata or any spanish songs, because I will think of my mission and miss it!! Pure heart ache!

Because of my new found rejuvenation brought on by music and dance, I think I will totally get out of my comfort zone for 2011, and take a dance class. I am not a good dancer but I love it and think it would be fun. I want to sign Ruby up for a class too. She would be so darling.

I'm glad I found the music in me again.

1 comment:

Linz said...

"I won't go down with this ship!" Still love that song. Do the dance class!!!

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.