Ever since we moved into our beautiful house, I have thought numerous times how blessed we are to live in such a wonderful, clean and spacious house. I love it. As much as I love it, I can't help but think of those who do not have such nice living conditions like we do. I feel like my prayers are repetitious because I always thank Heavenly Father for our house but I really am grateful. So, I hope He doesn't mind the same thing every day. Anywho, today I was showering with my sweet smelling shampoo, in my well lit, heated bathroom with steamy warm water and I couldn't help but say another prayer of thanksgiving for running water and electricity. I am so serious. Having lived 18 months on my missin with electricity that went more than it came and cold bucket showers, I am so thankful, even almost 10 years later that I had the experience to live like that so that I could appreciate it even more in my life.
The past few days I have been feeling so weepy and sentimental for the holidays...it is so weird because I never feel like this (am I pregnant??) and wanting to cry at the drop of hat. For example, and this is the craziest, you know that song from the 80's that says "feed the world, it's Christmastime"?? the one with all the synthesizers and different singers?? One year ago, I didn't even like that song and changed the station everytime it came on and now, I listen to it and just want to cry...for all the people (especially in Africa) who don't know it is Christmastime, who don't have running water and electricity, children who don't have toys to play with but most of all, those who don't have knowledge of our Savior. The gospel is my life. I would be nothing without it. Everything would be different if I wasn't a member of the church. I'm so thankful my kids will grow up with the knowledge that they are children of God and that they have purpose. So, I am thankful. I just wanted to share that.
I also want to say that I feel bad because I just ate a brownie while watching Biggest Loser. I will send the rest with Matt to work tomorrow.
4 comments:
It is true, I am so thankful for water, electricity, food, a house, heat -- things we all take for granted.
I do the same thing with our new house! Everyday for 3.5 months. Great post.
You do sound a little pregnant :), but you are also a kind, sensitive soul who reminds me that I should try and be the same. And you deserve your wonderful home!
Ha ha, I've totally chowed down during Biggest Loser before and it does feel very strange!
Se fue la luz!!!
Loved this post, and I'll tell you why. It has been almost 10 years (10!) since you and I have had a conversation face to face, and you know what? Every time I read your blog I feel like you are talking right to me--seriously. You write with such great voice! Makes me miss you.
And I, too, love to eat brownies during the Biggest Loser. It's the only way to watch that show!
Post a Comment