We had a wonderful thanksgiving. Matt's parents drove down to visit and see the new house. They came laden with a pre Christmas celebration( which = presents for all!). The presents were nice, Matt got a shop vac and a tool set, the girls got new jammies and a few toys and I got some new kitchen utensils, ie. rubber spatulas and wooden spoons. It was all very much appreciated. That stuff isn't cheap and it is nice to know someone is thinking of us. The girls loved the extra attention and now that I am a parent, I love having people LOVE my kids. I hope when me and Matt are older and grandparents ourselves that we can make the special effort to be involved in our kids and grandkids lives.
I made the dinner and thnks to my mom's tutelage over the phone and Barbara's help in the kitchen, dinner was a success. I forgot how delicious Thanksgiving dinner really is. Especially now that I am the one making it, it didn't even appeal to me when I was preparing everything but as soon as the table was set and everything was ready, I couldn't wait to eat it. We jut had a nice relaxing day together and I felt like I was on a mini vacation because we had Matt's parents around to help with the girls. It was fun.
Today we also went to the stores. I told myself last year when we were at the Twelve Oaks Mall that I would never do that again. Well, we went. It was a madhouse. Best Buy was insane. Man, people and their gadgets. Yikes! But I guess I have to put myself in with that group since we were there looking at cameras. We did get a good deal on a TV and I am enjoying the nice big screen as I type.
Speaking of Fridays, on tues night when Matt was home from work and the feeling of the long holiday weekend was overtaking us and we just felt GOOD, I couldn't help but feel nostalgic for my working days. (crazy, I know!) Holidays in the office were so fun and everyone was always in a great mood. I also couldn't help but remember how nice Fridays were too. I was always a social girl and my friends and I would always plan our weekends on Sunday or Monday...something to look forward to, ya know? Well, I realized that is what is missing from my life right now. Everyday is a workday for me. At least it I have a job I LOVE. I don't really have an upcoming friday excitement anymore...I guess it is ok because I have other wonderful things in my life to make up for it. But I just remembered how it felt over the past few days and I love that feeling. Having Matt home with us is like my new friday feeling.
One other thing, with all the money spent this weekend, I couldn't help but pick up a Salvation Army angel baby thing at the mall today. I picked a little girl, size 12/18 months who needed a coat, a shirt, a skirt and shoes. Her wish is Elmo and she needs diapers. I think that is so sweet and sad that all she wants is an Elmo. Poor little baby. I can't help but remember my Dominican babies and children that would flock to us while I was on my mission. It's no wonder Jesus loves the little children. Sweet precious little souls who have so little but they are so wonderful. Anywho, my little angel girl only asked for those few things but I got her a bunch of clothes and still need to find her a warm coat and her little Elmo doll. I wish I could give her more. I should have picked up some more angel slips. They deserve nice things also. Maybe I will.
Happy Thanksgiving!! We have so much to be thankful for!!
1 comment:
I loved this post so much, Mar. Kudos to you making the Thanksgiving feast! You are so sweet, Mary. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment