When Ruby was a little over a year old, I had a Relief Society lesson where the sister teaching mentioned how she taught her daughter to fold her arms during the prayers when she was a year old. I was amazed that she had done that and from that point on we really worked with Ruby to fold her arms and sit still during prayers. Well, now that she is 2 1/2, she is saying her own prayers and I think it might be the cutest thing I have ever heard. Her prayers were typical of a little one, repeating what we told her to say but now she can say a whole prayer on her own, no help from mom or dad.
Tonight at dinner she said:
"Dear Father, thank you for the park. Thank you for the noodles. Thank you for the hamburger." (She muttered a few lines I couldn't understand) then, "thank you for Belle Belle. Amen."
When I was telling Matt about this tonight, he said that this morning at breakfast she said thank you for the water, took a drink and then continued on with her prayer.
And yesterday she said thank you that we could go to Kroger.
I love teaching my kids about the gospel but better yet, I love when they catch on and understand for themselves. What a little darling she is!
4 comments:
So cute! And thanks for the reminder that I need to be much better at teaching and showing Brody how to pray.
Aren't kids amazing? She's praying about what's in her little heart...Belle Belle & Kroger. So sweet!
So adorable, I love little nursery kids prayers. <3
What good parents you are! Ruby is so sweet!
Post a Comment