we've been in the house about 10 days or so. After the initial moving in and getting the girls beds set up and making sure all the necessities were within reach, the fun really started. I use the word fun very loosely. Is that how you spell loosely? It looks weird. Anywho, most of our stuff had been in boxes since we moved from MI. I forgot about all of my fun pictures, dishes and decorative items. But now I have a problem. All of those things are for apartment Mary. Not house Mary. I will use some of them for the house but now that we have such a pretty, permanent place to live, I don't want to go sticking nails or tacks in the wall to put things up. And I had such eclectic style with all of our stuff. Mywhole decorating approach has been to use what I love or inspires me and I will continue with that but it is a little different in a house. Oh what to do, what to do. Other than that, it is great living in a house. I love the space. I love the feel of the place. It is raining and stormy outside today and it feels cozy in here. The girls love it too. Ruby loves the stairs. She plays in our new curtains and says, "I'm taking a shower, be right back". It is pretty funny.
I had a realization the other day though. I realized that we are HERE for awhile so I better make a life for myself. I feel like I have been "making it through" the days since we've been in TN and that is not how I want life to be for us. We want to have fun and make friends and enjoy our time here. Not that we haven't but I guess I felt like there was still a possibility of leaving because we were in apartments. But we are HERE and HERE we will stay.
We are excited about trick or treating this weekend. I love Halloween. I love having kids to share in the fun holidays. Ruby will be a fairy and Belle will be either a skeleton or ladybug, depending on the weather.
Ruby is so funny lately. Besides the shower taking in the curtains, she loves to dance and uses our new back patio as her stage. She also uses the hearth on the fireplace. She doesn't want to be on it unless she has her shoes on. I feel like we are getting past her tantrum stage...she still does them but they are fewer and far between. She is easier to talk to and reason with. I am luck that it didn't last very long. Belle on the other hand is getting a major 'tude. She is lett ing her voice heard and will protest if she doesn't like or want something. She finally started crawling a few weeks ago and is fast now. It is cute to see her baby body crawling around. Ruby is very proud of her little sister for crawling and still says "look, Belle is crawling" and go over and pat her on the head. Cuteness overload. Love my girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment