The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween!!

I jumped out from behind this big old tombstone to scare Ruby. I was pretending to be a zombie. She loved it. But she hasn't been sleeping good this week...hmmmm, nightmares maybe???



To get Ruby super excited about trick or treating, all weekend long I said in a scary/funny voice "Trick or Treat" and she would say, "oooh, scary" in the same voice. I love Halloween. Everything about it. But I especially love having kids to share in the festivities...I will pass my love of the holiday to them! (My love of halloween came from MY mom. I'll talk about that later!) Anywho, on Saturday we had such a pleasant, fun day together. We went to Franklin TN, just 20 min north of us, to the PUMPKINFEST. I don't know why it was called that, I honestly did not see enough pumpkins to call it a fest, maybe one or two. But it was still fun. We had to park pretty far away from the downtown area because it was so busy. But I'm glad we did, because we found an awesome produce stand that was the TRUE Pumpkinfest!! They had the most beautiful pumpkins ever, straight out of a fairy tale. They also had this 1350 lb pumpkin to adore. see above.
Next to the produce stand was an extremely old, decrepid, falling apart confederate cemetery. It was so old and awesome. see above zombie picture. Perfect for Halloween!! I felt bad taking such happy pictures on these people's graves but at least my kids weren'y climbing and crawling all over them like we saw on the way back to the car. It was so fun. I love all the Civil War history around these here parts. Imagine all the ghosts!! (do you believe in ghosts?? seriously. tell me in the comments.)
We finally got to the actual Pumpkinfest and it reminded me of the Ann Arbor Art Fair, not as cool, but a lot of booths, people, food and things to look at. Plus, trick or treating at the stores. It was fun. Plus, we found a donut booth that made fresh, hot pumpkin donuts. To die for! We left soon after that but I think we have found a yearly thing for us to do here in TN.
We went trick or treating that night in the next door neighborhood. Trying to get ready was a whole ordeal though! I was so suprised that Ruby didn't want to wear her costume. I had to convince her we were going for a walk and she could wear her pretty skirt and shoes. We finally got her dressed, while Belle sweated away in her ladybug costume. The neighborhood was busy and fun and people really got into it. I wish we would have moved into that neighborhood, if only for the Halloween stuff! Ruby filled her little bucket and was ADORABLE saying "trick or treat" in her little angel voice. Then as she walked away, she would yell over her shoulder, "thanks!" I could have trick or treated all night it was so fun.
Sunday we just handed out treats, while we had the Elders over for dinner. It was a nice finish to a fun weekend. On Monday morning, Matt tells me I can put up the Christmas decorations if I want. For REALS??? I would, if not for the little hands that would just pull everything down. We will wait awhile but I am super excited for the holidays!! Best time of the year and I LOVE listening to Christmas music. And this house will look amazing with Christmas lights. Yay for Christmas!!

1 comment:

bethy said...

I love the cemetery. I would love to see it when we come visit. I believe in ghosts thanks to you and Lisa's stories. I love the Civil War. The girls look so cute in their costumes.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.