The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The big 32! Yikes!

Seriously! I can't believe I am 32. I was lamenting to my mom (who is 65) that I am the oldest women ever to live. She just laughed. But really, 32...it is downhill from here. I really love birthdays though. Mine included. It is my special day. A star was born this day, 32 years ago. Me. I love me. I love celebrating me. Do I sound conceited?? Well, I hope not. I rarely think about myself, so I think I can celebrate me for 1 day out of the year!!

I really wanted a facial or massage for my birthday. My skin needs some major recharging...nothing that a facial can't fix! And my shoulders have been so tense lately I just need a good relaxing and rejuvenating massage to get my circulation going where it doesn't usually. I hope that whoever reads this, you treat yourself to a facial every once in awhile. As an esthetician, I recommend four times a year...with the change of the seasons. With our house purchase coming up soon, we are kind of $$$ depleted. You know, saving and stuff. But you know what? I did beg Matt for the ok to get my haircut (a little cheaper than a facial) So, I took the girls with me to the salon for a haircut and eyebrow wax. Belle cried the whole time. I think it was the manager who came over to entertain her and hold her. Ruby had a sucker so she was fine. I asked for a trim because I am trying to grow my hair out...and bangs. I really love bangs. I tried to cut them myself a few weeks ago. I've seen Beth do it a million times so I thought I could do it. I was wrong! It was a mess. So, I was hoping the girl could fix them, I got the staight bangs which I love and she messed them up. Upon closer inspection in the car, they are crooked. Not a cute swoopy crooked but crooked crooked. Ugh. I miss my MI hairstylists. Happy Birthday to me!!

Right now I am waiting for Ruby to go to sleep. Then I am watching Modern Family. Hilarious show. I didn't watch it when it first came out, but then my brother John recommended it. I'm so glad he did. It is the highlight of my week!

2 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Birthday!

sarita said...

Happy birthday! I just turned 32 and although I've only been experiencing it's goodness for a couple of weeks, I love it, and I'm sure you will too!

Congrats on your house, it's beautiful!

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.