The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Girlies

I decided to venture to the pool today. It is HOT in Nashville. It is only June. I wonder what July and August will be like. Nonetheless, I decided to be brave and take both girls by myself to the pool. I blew up the floaties, packed the towels, changed the girls into their adorable little suits and new Dora swim diapers. We took the little umbrella stroller for Belle. I figured that would help reign Ruby in, as I knew she would like to push the "strewy". It worked, and Ruby was a big help while I carried the bag and two floaties and kept the strewy on the straight and narrow through the parking lot. It was a whole other challenge to get the kids slathered up with sunscreen and actually in the pool. But we did it. I have a friend who once said she likes to see what she can do with the kids when she is by herself. She has a boy older than Ruby, twin girls and she is pregnant with her 4th. I admired her outlook and attitude and have tried to feel the same way...It's an exciting challenge! Belle hated the floaty so I held her the whole time while trying to keep Ruby from tipping over. It was fun. Now that I have conquered the pool, we will probably go everyday because of the sweltering heat and cuz it wears them out! I miss my girls at Citation Club. It was nice to have friends to go to the pool with. Anyway, here are the girlies in their suits...too cute for words!!!

Here is Ruby in her big girl bed.

Here is Belle. I love the way these girls sleep! There is nothing so peaceful as seeing a baby sleep. No worries, stress-just pure restful sleep. Heaven!


Here is my little sugar plum in her Tigers Tee. It is already too small for her. Her belly was hanging out of it. So cute!


Sisters! They love each other. Sweeties!

3 comments:

Linz said...

Ruby's hair is so stylish and Belle has such big, beautiful eyes! Way to go, Mommy Mar! I like your friend's quote. It's like striving to be a super mom everyday which can be totally crazy but fun. Stay cool down there!

The Kennedys said...

The girls are so cute and getting so big and we can't wait to see them! :)

Robyn said...

I'm impressed. I don't have the guts to take my two boys to the pool by myself yet. Way to go Mary! BTW your girls are sooo cute.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.