The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Monday, June 28, 2010

BEFORE


I took Ruby to a kids salon to get her hair cut. Her hair was so long and pretty but since she won't let me put it in a ponytail or braid or anything else to get it off her neck, it usually just looked stringy and crazy. Off to Snipits we went. Seriously, what a fun place. I wish I was a kid to get my hair cut there. I was kind of nervous as to how she would react when she realized what was going on but as you can see, she was calm as a cucumber. The girl gave her a book to look at when she needed to look down and turned on a movie when she needed her to look up. It was so cute. And she was a little angel during the whole thing.










We have loved having Ruby with short hair. As soon as she is into hairdos we are totally growing it out though! Now that she has the cute little bob, she looks like a kid instead of my baby. No me gusta! She is seriously growing up so fast and I know one day I will wake up she will be graduating high school or getting married or some craziness like that. Ruby is TOTALLY OBSESSED with Tinkerbell. She has the two movies starring everyone's favorite fairy and we watch them all the time. I guess the obsession started while I was in Orlando with my family. When I left, she was watching Baby Einstein and when I came back, it was Tinkerbell! She can quote the movie and sing the songs and it is the cutest. There is nothing so cute as Ruby holding a flashlight for a microphone, walking around in circles in the living room, singing her little heart out to Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato. We sing and dance together and I am showing her how to really sing into the microphone. She loves it. It reminds me of my family and all the lipsynching we used to do. Especially, me and Beth doing Beauty and the Beast by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson. I, of course, was Celine and Beth was Peabo and we knew that song perfectly. I bet we could still do it now...anyways, it is fun to pass the torch. I love Ruby's personality and am so lucky to have her. She is so fun and funny and loveable. She is learning so much. She actually helps to clean up now, thanks to nursery and the clean up song. We are going to the pool a lot. She loves to play on the steps of the pool. The other day we went to this beach nearby and she was so happy to see the water and ran right in. She loved the way the sand and water felt under her feet. She just sat on the sand and let the water roll right into her. She found a little mexicana friend and they played in the sand together. It was just so fun to watch her and I realized that is one of the joys of parenthood, to see your child having the time of her life. I love that she is able to talk to me and tell me what is going on. What a fun stage this is.
Little Belle is 9 months old now. Talk about personality! This girl, though quiet and calm has a ton of it! She makes herself known and won't take no for an answer when she sees something she wants. Even her cry is changing and I can tell when it is a real cry and when it is just a "want" cry. And her food intake is tremendous. We gave her some puffs the other day and she loves them. I am starting to give her some of our food, little pieces of meat or noodles or fruits and veggies that she would like and she eats it all. Belle is still trying to get used to the texture of real food but she really loves it. But, the puffs are so funny. When she sees them, she gets all huffy puffy and grabs them by the handful (meaning 2-3 puffs) and stuffs them in her little mouth. So many times I pick her up and she has puffs stuck to her clothes and face. I even found one in her diaper. She is not crawling yet. I can tell she wants to move and I don't know why she won't but hopefully soon. Belle is such a great baby though and I love her sweet smile and laugh.
I feel like this post is discombobulated but I wanted to post something anyways. Right now, we are watching Stand by Me. I love this movie. I love friendship movies. But I did have a major crush on River Phoenix. He was so hot!!! Too bad he died. My other movie crush was Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. My current celebrity crushes are Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner. I know you are totally judging me because they are both sooo young, but have you seen them?? Wow! I loved Zac in 17 again and Taylor in New Moon. Who are your celebrity crushes??

5 comments:

Christine said...

Where's the all done picture of Ruby's hair? I wanna see it! That's why I keep Emma's hair so short because she won't let me do much with it. I'm trying to grow out her bangs and I've been making cute flower hair clips to keep it out of her face. She likes those. But who knows how long we'll have to keep it short... Your girls sound like so much fun! I love watching mine grow too and learn new things and become little people. It's great! Take care!

alecia said...

Ohhhh, I have been wanting to cut Ruthie's hair! So cute, Ruby! And we have that same swimming suit!

Robyn said...

It was fun to read about your cute girls. " about the after hair picture. I don't have time to watch movies now, so wouldn't know who my current celebrity crush would be, but I really liked Gil from Anne of Green Gables too. Oh, brings back good memories :)

bethy said...

I can't wait to see Belle Belle. Reid does the same thing except I do it with Rice Krispies. He gets all excited and throws them everywhere. I would love to see Ruby singing into a flashlight. I do remember singing the Beauty and the Beast song. That was so funny. I think it is funny that our family always did lip syncs because none of us were super talented in the singing dept. Funny post.

teamk said...

Good posts Mary, you have very cute kids, Love Jake

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.