I wish it were! Nashville hit in the 100's today. No me gusta!! We went to the pool to cool off but the whole time we were there, I kept thinking it was even too hot to be at the pool. Ruby had huge sweat droplets on her forehead 5 seconds after getting out of the pool.
We go the pool a lot. We have a pretty nice pool here in our complex. Ruby LOVES to swim. SHe loves to swing on the bar, jump on the steps, identify the numbers and letters around the pool and it is especially fun when there are other kids to play with. Belle loves it too. She is so patient while Ruby splashes her. Belle pretty much just cracks up at anything Ruby does. She has the cutest little laugh. I have gotten used to bring them both by myself. It is just a lot of work getting everyone ready but once we are there, so fun and refreshing!!
Our summer has been pretty chill. Pool, shopping, mall play area and we signed up for Gymboree class for awhile and then quit when there were no other kids in the class. We clean and nap in the mornings and then do most of our running around in the afternoon.
Ruby is talking up a blue streak. I love listening to her and trying to figure out what she is saying sometimes. She wanted to scrapbook today and it took me awhile to figure that one out since it is a new word for her and what two year old likes to scrapbook?? It is so fun though and I feel like me and Matt are lucky to speak and understand her little language! She still adores Tinkerbell. She loves to make Belle laugh and will run laps around the room just to make her laugh. And thanks to nursery, she loves to clean up. I think listening to her sing the clean up song is just the cutest thing in the world. She is so responsible now. Ruby is also super polite. "pees mama!!" and "thanks" and "welcome" are frequent phraes heard around here. She really uses the "pees mama" to her advantage. Like when she wants something she knows she can't have ie, gum, circle cookies (nilla wafers) some of dada's mountain dew. It is so hard to resist, especially when she turns on the water works just enough to have a glistening eye! Oh man, are we in for it later down the road. She is just SO funny. I wish you could all see her in her natural habitat doing all her crazy adorable things!
Belle is cute as ever. She smiles and plays and loves life. She still eats like a champ. Her hair is filling in a little but people still ask if she is a boy or a girl. Someone stops us everytime we are at the store to tell Belle how cute she is. Tennesseans have no problem touching other people's children. I was weirded out by it at first, but they usually just touch her cute little toesies and tickle her feet. I don't mind anymore. I just love people telling me how cute my children are.
She is still not crawling. I don't know if I should be worried or not. I hope it happens soon so my mind can be at ease but I know all babies do things on their own time. We'll see.
Matt is good too. He really likes Nashville and his new job. It is hard to believe we have been here almost six months. It has been a long and short six months. He has been working a lot lately, coming home from a long day at work, only to do more at home. He always makes time for Ruby and Belle when he gets home though. Ruby LOVES her dada! She seriously gets her second wind as soon as he walks in the door. I love it and love the way he plays with her. He is so good to us and I appreciate all his hard work so I can stay home with my precious girls.
I am doing good. I am so glad I have the girls to keep me busy. I really like Nashville but I also miss home a ton! Not to throw myself a pity party but I am super lonely. No me gusta again! It is hard not having friends and at this point I am wondering what is wrong with me that we don't have friends yet. I hvae invited people from our ward over for dinners, gave out chocolate in my RS lesson, even made comments in sunday school and (gulp!) even gone to enrichment! I know, I can't believe it either. But still, no friends. At least I have Ruby, Belle and Matt. It is always nice to have someone as a friend who is NOT in your family. It is just like Millhouse from the Simpson's when he said, "my mom thinks I'm cool!" I guess I am Millhouse now. Hmmm...
Other than the pure loneliness, I am good. I am just happy to be alive. I have been videotaping the girls lately. I love looking back on their littleness and know I will kick myself in the butt when I see we don't have a lot. I love getting their smiles and cries and craziness immortalized in a digital format!! I will post some of THAT later!!
5 comments:
Oh man, six months? I wish I were moving by you! We could talk and play with our girls everyday!
We go on an outing almost everyday and I pretty much always invite people and rarely does anyone join us. It's weird but I feel the same way, that I am so glad I have my family. Sometimes I end up hanging out with people I've met In the neighborhood or in community classes more than ward people. I have some nice friends but they all have besties so I feel a bit out of it. You are doing all the right stuff, mar. You are awesome!!!
I know how you feel about being lonely. I think it's harder to have really good friends when you have kids. I always thought it might be easier, because that's one more thing you can have in common with someone. But your kids take up so much of your time, it's hard to find time to really make good friends, especially in a new place. That's probably the case with everyone else too. Just keep at it, and yeah, maybe you can find some people just in your neighbourhood or some playgroups around (Do they have anything like that in TN?). Good luck.
I can't wait to see little Belle! I hope they like us still. I can't wait to hear Ruby talk.
I need some pics. It would be fun to watch sam and ruby swim. Sam hates to go under the water.
Post a Comment