Man, time flies when you are having fun! I have been busy trying to organize our lives the past few weeks. It turns out the company is packing us (happy birthday to us!) so I don't have a ton to do like I thought but I do have a lot to do besides packing! We are living in corporate housing for a month while we get to know Nashville and I am trying to decide what we need to sustain us for a month while everything is in storage. It is hard. I love my stuff and it will be weird to sleep in another bed, use someone else's kitchen stuff and just live in a different place for a month. I think it would be easier to make the transition if I had my stuff! That's all I'm saying!! But, I am also so excited!! I can't wait to see nashville and get to know the area! I'm also ready for an early spring!! Ha ha suckas!!!
My kids have been sooooo cute lately. Ruby's vocab is exploding and today she said "awesome" and "gross"! The gross was after she had eaten dinner (spaghetti) was doing somersaults all over the living room (which was so cute!...who taught her to do that?? Me and Matt are no gymnasts!!) and I was trying to catch her to get her ready for bed but she just kept somersaulting away from me! Next thing I know, I've caught her and I look at her and she has all this throw up on her jammies and on her face! Gross! She wasn't sick, just eating and somersaulting is a bad mix for her I guess. I took her into her room to clean her up and was saying "gross" (it was all white and chunky. SICK!) and she said it too! What a cutie!
Belle is just a doll. Her laugh is the cutest thing in the WORLD!!! Her dimples and smile are to die for and she is my little Belle Belle!! RUby calls her bo-bo. She has started rice cereal and fruits and veggies and LOVES IT! Ruby was the worst eater of baby food but BElle BElle just chows down and isn't even messy. It is so fun to feed a baby that doesn't fight you. Sleep on the other hand is another story. She still wakes up sooo much and I don't know why! I figured with a full belly and weight and age she should be sleeping for a good chunk of the night but she still wakes up every 2 hours.
Sorry about the lack of pix. I really want to show off my girls but with our windows 7 installation, we still have vista on there...anywho, we can't see the pictures for some crazy reason. Then Ruby dropped the laptop and we have to send it to Dell to have them fix it...it takes forever to do that, and we don't have an address yet so we have to wait to send it to them. I will post some as soon as I can! We will let you all know how the move goes!
Nashville or bust!!
5 comments:
sam was doing somersaults on sunday and I was trying to get ruby to do them, but she wasn't catching on though. SOrry it made her sick. miss you today. let me know how i can help. I think we will take you up on the offer for sunday.
I mean throw up. so gross!!
Good luck with the move. That sounds so exciting. When we moved to England, all we took with us was what we could fit in a couple of suitcases. We are living in a furnished house, you just get used to it. Eli had a problem sleeping through the night too, so I can empathize with you. He is finally sleeping most of the night all by himself at one year! Hopefully it won't take Belle that long, but all babies are different.
your girls sound so cute. Can't wait to see some pictures. Congrats on the new job and the move! I hope everything goes well. I'm so excited for you guys and TOTALLY jealous about the early spring you'll be having!
The move sounds great. :)
Dax pukes if he goes upside down soon after eating, too.
By the way, I found that I could get Dax to sleep longer stretches at night by nursing him more often during the day. On days when we were busy and out of the house and he didn't nurse as much, he was up more frequently at night making up for those feedings. And when he started solids, that didn't help with sleep - actually made him wake even more. Probably because breastmilk is higher in calories and fats than just about any solid food you could offer.
Just an idea for you. :)
Post a Comment