The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh Bloggity Blog!

Seriously, I'm the worst blogger! Well, maybe not the worst because I have seen some people not update their blog for over a year now...but I really wanted to make an effort this year to update our blog more frequently, especially with pictures due to a huge scare last week when Matt thought he deleted all our photos from 2009! Well, a few days ago he "found" them on the computer. It has given me a push to really get my scrapbooking and photo printing going and up to date...or just to back everything up.

Even if my blogging resolution hasn't gone so well, my weight loss and healthy living is going swimmingly. As of last week when I was complaining to my mom about how hideous I am (that was the day that I didn't take a shower and my hair was gross and my clothes were too tight and no makeup=PURE HIDEOUSNESS!!!) I have lost five pounds. Yee HAW!!! What did I do you might ask??? Well, after I complained to my mom and she didn't commiserate with me like I was hoping she would do, I jumped on my new elliptical and exercised. I took a shower later and made a new resolution to not feel that way again. But I have been exercising more but I really slashed my calories. I am using iceberg lettuce in place of bread for sandwiches, not drinking so much milk (even skim is 9o calories per 1/2 cup!) and measuring my cereal instead of filling up the bowl with three servings instead of just one! I noticed that it did affect my milk supply for baby but I upped my eating to eating the right stuff, not baked goods and sugar and spaghettios.

Ruby has been hilarious lately. She really is such a little gem and I love every minute I get to spend with her. She is like a little sponge right now and does whatever we (especially me) do. When she talks she uses gestures which is hilarious because it is seriously JIBBER JABBER! No idea what she is saying but I can tell from the way she says it, she knows she is saying something. She loves to talk to her cousin Ra-Ra (Riley) on the phone and everytime the phone rings, she says "ba??" (beth) she is so smart and I love it. Every man she sees, she calls him da-da. She says hi to perfect strangers and the other day I let her push her very own kiddie cart at Hillers. It only lasted to the meat counter cuz it wasn't very easy to push but she was adorable doing it. She also loves Elmo. What toddler doesn't, right?? She used to call him "O" but just in the past few days she says his full name. The big thing with Ruby happened over the weekend. We got her a big girl bed! Not just a toddler bed but a TWIN size! Holy cow! You don't realize how little your kiddo is until you put them in a huge bed like that! Well, it only lasted one sleepless night. And back in the crib she went. She wouldn't stay in it. We put her down for a nap and I thought she was sleeping but two seconds later I see her bolting out of her room, she stops, gives us a huge beautiful Ruby smile and says HI!!! What a little grublet!

Belly is the best baby ever! I couldn't have asked for a better baby. She sleeps great, she eats great and is so calm, even when Ruby is yelling and screeching in her face. She is smiling and laughing and the other day she rolled over. She still hates tummy time and that is what caused the roll. She was moaning and groaning the whole time then over she went! What a little dolly!
She loves to have her ear rubbed while she is trying to fall asleep. She loves to have her head rubbed also. I just made her a blanket out of this minky fabric that is pure heaven. I know she doens't love it yet but I hope it grows on her. She loves to nestle in a soft blanket while she sleeps. I love this stage of baby hood when they are doing new things and are pure cuteness. The happiest baby on the block says that she is almost ready to be born. She is getting used to her new world and is finally starting to love us back a little. I can tell that she is going to be sucha little peacemaker in our family because of her temperment. In her baby blessing, Matt blessed her that she will be a happy person. That is so true already.

Love my girls. Love my husband. He is so good to us. We love when he is home with us. It spoils us so that when reality hits and he goes back to work we go through Matt withdrawal. He is so good with the girls. Ruby always gets her second wind when he walks through the door, even if she has been crying and whining for the past few hours with me, as soon as she hears the door open, she yells "da-da!" and starts running like a madwoman! She loves it and so do I! taking care of little ones is hard work! But I love it!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Way to go with the 5 lbs!!!! And loved reading about the girls.

NTG said...

Save some of that for the Biggest Loser. : ) Congrats though, that is awesome! What a life, sounds like you got the right attitude sis. Keep it up. Love reading what you got to say.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.