I love taking showers before I go to bed. I think it goes back to my mission when I would be filthy from walking the dusty streets of the Dominican Republic and I would come home, hot and sweaty and disgusting and get my bucket ready and clean off the day. Even with the bucket full of cold water it felt so nice to be clean. The shower we have in this apartment is SUPER powerful and feels like a major massage. With the hot water pounding it feels so relaxing. there is nothing like being grubby all day and then taking a shower! Hence the reason I feel so amazing! My girls are both sleeping. The house is clean. I have a few good books to read that I checked out from the library and bedtime is near!
With all that said, while I am in the comforts of my clean house with my girls tucked safely and cozily in their beds, and food and running water and electricity, I am feeling so grateful for these comforts but I also feel guilty for having it so easy. I have been thinking so much about the Haitians and the horrible disaster that hit there yesterday. It is so close to my mission and everytime I see the news and the areas hit, it looks just like the DR. I am so sad for the people of Haiti. They are so poor and I don't see how they can ever recover from this. What a horrible tragedy. I am glad that so many countries are sending aid to help them out and wish there was something I could do.
3 comments:
Hi Mary, see my blog for a link to donate. I have felt so much despair for the people there as I already knew how horrible it was from my friend who is a nurse there. It was horrific before the earthquake...now I can't imagine!
Also, the church has a link to donate.
Funny thing-Mike had some time off a few weeks ago. One day he had to go to some meetings and got home around lunch time. Funny thing-when he got home he commented something to me about nice pajamas or bathrobe or something. I didn't understand why he was commenting at first. Then I realized he doesn't know that I always wear my pjs and robe all day. Apparently I change just before he gets home?! Funny.
Aaah, good ol bucket baths...:) You sound the same as me when talkin' about Haiti. Looks just like the DR and I also have no idea how they will recover...sooo sad.:(
Post a Comment