The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yummy!

I really love to bake. It is fun and you always end with something delicious to eat at the end! And honestly, if any of you have seen me lately, you can probably tell that I have been eating everything I make. I've gained a few pounds for sure with this pregnancy. I felt like I needed sweets with Ruby too and despised veggies. As soon as she was born, my love for veggies returned immediately and the need for sweets ceased. Well, not completely but pretty much.

Tonight, I went with our beloved RS president to make a visit to a new sister in the ward and Kathy brought some cookies for her. As we were walking to our cars after the visit, she said "Mary, wait, I have something for you." I was just thinking that it was something to do with VTing (I am the VT coordinator in our ward) but she suprised me with some yummy cookies too. They were oatmeal raisin cookies and they were DEE-LISH!!! I ate a few on the way home but saved most for Matt. As I'm writing this, Matt is eating his and trying to shove his cookies in my face so that I will eat his too...Geez! (I try not to eat after a certain hour because I don't want the heartburn radiating my kneecaps tonight when I am in bed!!!)

Anyways, as much as I love eating my baked goods, I L.O.V.E treats from other people and think they taste a million times better than anything I will ever make. For example, the cookies that Kathy made had a touch of crunchiness when you bit into them but then were the most soft and chewy cookies ever with a hint of cinnamon deliciousness in every bite! Oh man, they were good and I am emailing her as soon as I am done here to get her recipe. Yum! My sister in law Linz makes yummy cookies too. I've only had them a few times but she makes them with a zillion chocolate chips so that you have a chocolate chip in every bite. The other week, I went to a baby shower where they had the yummiest sugar cookies ever. They were thick and soft and chewy with yummy frosting. And besides baking, my friend Audrey gave us dinner a few weeks ago (which was kind of an answer to a prayer because the dinner hour was upon us and I had no idea what I was going to make) But she gave us this tex mex soup with chicken, a salad and a binch of grapes that were the biggest, juiciest grapes ever. It sounds like a pretty simple meal but if I made the same thing, it wouldn't have turned out so good. The chicken she put in it was melt-in-your-mouth yummy and the salad, well it was a salad but soooo good. When I make salads, they are ok but this one, was Olive Garden good. I chowed down on it like I have never eaten food before! Funny huh?? Oh, and I just thought of the cinnamon rolls that Megan made a few weeks ago too and I could have eaten the whole pan. They put Cinnabon to shame!!!

Does this happen to any of you, my few readers??? Do other people's food taste better to you???
Is it because you don't have to make it or because they are just better cooks/bakers??? So, thanks everyone who ever shares their treats with me because I love it! The baby loves it too but maybe in a few weeks when the baby is born, we could use a veggie tray or something!!

2 comments:

alecia said...

I always think theirs tastes better because they use butter and I use olive oil or applesauce...and I need a cookie after reading this post.

maryp said...

Ha-Ha! By the way, Kathy got back to me about the recipe and she said it was Pillsbury Oatmeal and Raisin cookie dough. That you can buy in the refrigerated section!!! Funny, huh??? Well, if anyone has a stellar oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, please send it my way!!!

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.