The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Friday, August 14, 2009

I feel like I have been losing my mind lately. Pregnancy does that to me sometimes. I don't know if it is just me or other people too. I hope it happens to others. That would make me feel a lot better. I have been feeling super depressed and down lately. Crazy, I know. What do I have to be depressed about??? I have an awesome life. I get to stay home with my baby, soon-to-be-babies because my husband is great and successful at his job. We are all healthy and it is summer, almost fall. My favorite season. One, because of everything fall but two, the baby is due soon!!! Yay!!

Anyways, to get out of my depression I have started a gratitude book where I am writing down things I am grateful for everyday. I just started yesterday but it is already improving my mood. I'm also reading my scriptures more. I feel horrible to say that I have not been diligent doing that and that is part of my problem. Such a simple thing of opening the scriptures and reading them but do I do it??? No, I waste my time online, facebook, TV, etc.

So, back to my gratitude book. Today, my entries were as follows:
1) My sweet husband
2) When my sweet husband is in a good mood
3) When Ruby takes a good nap
4) When Ruby is in a good mood
5) When I am in a good mood

Can you tell we've all been in bad moods lately??? It is probably because of me...A friends blog blinky thing says, "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Being depressed sucks and being happy is fun! And who doesn't like fun???

P.S. READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!!

7 comments:

Linz said...

Just came out of a long phase of that, you're not alone. Your gratitude journal is a great idea. I too have felt the need for more scriptures. Nate and I love to talk, call anytime.

alecia said...

hey mary, i get like that during pregnancy, too. I hate it!! My coping mechanism was to do something creative everyday (music, sewing, blogging, etc.)

Bethany and Cameron said...

Hey, is that blinky from my blog???:) It's the truth!! We affect our whole family depending on our mood--no pressure! I'm happy to see you're tryin' to get outta the rut--me too!:) Hang in there!

maryp said...

Hey Bethany,
It is from your blog so thanks for sharing your infinite wisdom with me!
Depression sucks but thanks for the comments girls! It does make me feel soooo much better to know that other normal girls go through the same thing!!!

sarita said...

Thanks for the scrips reminder--I needed it today!

Hang in there! It won't be long now and you won't be preggo anymore!

Sprgtime said...

Happened to me with pregnancy, too! I felt like I was losing part of my brain. I'd be at work doing things that I normally ROCKED at and I was constantly grasping at words and trying to remember what I was about to say/do. It was really frustrating. And embarrassing when it would happen while I'd be in front of the whole company leading a meeting and I was suddenly fumbling for words. The women seemed to sympathize and tell me they'd had pregnancy-brain, too. Pregnancy: It eats your brains.

camfox said...

I'm sorry you've been down Mary. That's so hard. I appreciated your honesty, sharing your struggle to make scripture study a priority. I know I can relate. I get on the computer, hoping it will cheer me up, but I'm searching for the cheering in the wrong place, and once I make myself open the scriptures, the real feelings of peace and love from my Father in Heaven come. It happens everytime, and yet I still struggle to put HIM first. I am always thankful that "His arms are stretched out still." He's always waiting for us to "acercarnos a El." Love you Mary.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.