The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The joys of parenthood!!!

Mealtime is not my favorite part of the day! Ruby hates eating her baby food and just purses her little lips closed as soon as she sees the spoon coming. I tried to trick her into opening her mouth by bringing her bink up to her mouth so she would open it and shoving the food in. that worked for awhile til she learned my trick and lunged for the bink so that I wouldn't have time to put the spoon in her mouth! Smartie baby! It was a constant battle of speed and wits with this little one! So today for lunch, I said a prayer while I was making her cereal and begged Heavenly Father to let her eat something!!! So, the battle began but this time when she reached for her little bowl, instead of pulling it away so she wouldn't dump it out all over the place, I brought the bowl to her mouth and she drank the whole bowl of cereal!!! It was a little miracle for sure because my baby hates eating baby food! Thanks Heavenly Father!

2 comments:

Sprgtime said...

Awww, I can't believe less than 2 months before Dax starts eating solid foods.

Have you heard about "baby led weaning" ? I'm planning to try that - letting baby feed himself finger foods instead of me spoon feeding him. Apparently babies as young as 6 months can chew and swallow just fine and they enjoy eating a lot more when they feel more in control of it.

Sprgtime said...

Yup, saw the tag, just posted my answers to your tag - had to think!

Oh, and here's a site with neat ideas for finger foods. I'm excited to try - can you tell? lol :)

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyfingerfood.htm

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.