Ruby is 7 weeks today! I can't believe it has been that short of time when it seems that she has been with us forever! She is growing soooo much and at her last pediatrician appt she was 23 in and 10lbs 5oz. It was so cute when her dr picked her up and was trying to get her attention (she was looking all over the place checking out the office) and she finally realized that he was talking to her and she looked straight at him. He said, "wow, you ARE cute!" And she was! She was just staring at him with wide big eyes while he was checking her! It was so cute and just what a new mom wanted to hear!
She really is doing great and we love her so much! She looks around so much and is starting to smile and laugh and coo and gurgle and I love it! She plays on her playmat and loves looking at her little bee friends that fly around the top of it! She is so sweet to watch!
We love being parents! I was thinking the other day how much I love this new phase in our lives and thinking that my mission was the other phase in my life that I loved so much. I realized that both things are times in my life when I was and am thinking about someone other than myself! I focused on Dominicans for the year and a half, and now it is all for Ruby! She is numero uno!!!That is what makes life so great, especially when it is my sweet little daughter that we are raising and loving! Life is fabulous and we are all doing great!
Matt is doing really well at his new job at GlobalHue and doing a great job with Ruby too! It is pretty funny when she is crying and I have done everything I can think of to soothe and calm her down, then he takes over, works his daddy magic and she is calm as a cucumber! We love having him home with us during the weekends when I can take a nap and Ruby can spend some time with her dada! He is so great and I appreciate all he does for us! I was thinking the other day how grateful I am to him that I can stay home with Ruby. I would feel so horrible leaving her and trusting her with strangers if I had to go to work! So, with Father's Day coming up this week, I just want to give a shout out to my honey Matt, who is a great daddy and husband! We love you honey!!!
1 comment:
I LOVE HER!
Post a Comment