Are you all dying? Ruby is the sweetest, cutest baby I have ever seen and everything is going good. We came home yesterday-they said we could stay until today (tues) but I am feeling good and Ruby is healthy and doing great so we decided to come home yesterday afternoon. I think it was more of a comfort thing that we would've stayed and to get help with nursing but everytime a nurse would come in and try to help us, I would get annoyed at how they would try and show me. It is challenging but I will keep trying. Labor and delivery were crazy and I am proud to say I did it all natural. By the time we got to the hospital I was already at an 8 and they admitted us right away. The contractions got stonger and more painful the next hour or so and they broke my water and by that time I wanted an epidural (the contractions weren't that horrible up to then) but the nurse checked me and decided it was time to push-the thought scared me to death but after an hour of pushing, Ruby Kate made her entrance into the world! The head came out and I told the doctor I can't do anymore and she said "it's ok, I'm going to deliver her the rest of the way" I could've kissed her at that point! Of course it still hurt like crazy and I was closing my eyes and crying and next thing I know I opened my eyes and baby was on my belly squirming around and then she let out the cutest little cry I have ever heard! It was totally surreal and I couldn't believe she was finally here! It seemed like the longest 9 months of my life and I still look at her and can't believe we have a baby girl who is so perfect and sweet! She does have some attitude and sass when she tries to nurse and it doesn't go quite the way she wants but she is perfect anyway! So, here she is! It was a crazy night last night and we are both super tired but I'm glad we can sleep in our own bed and start our crazy new routine with Ruby! So, thanks for all the prayers and thoughts! I know Heavenly Father blessed us so much and I can't get over it! I am crying just thinking about it! I can' t wait for you all to meet her and see what a cutie she really is! The pictures don't do her justice! I love the picture of her little half smile and the one showing all her hair- she has a little baby mullet!! I'm going to have so much fun doing that hair!!! We love you all and we love Ruby!!!
4 comments:
She is sooo cute!! Man, what a little bundle. Congrats you guys. Thanks for posting the awesome pics. She looks so little in her car seat. Love you.
Congrats, Mary and Matt. She's really, really cute. I laughed out loud when I read "Are you all dying." You write just like you talk - hilarious. Bethany didn't have any luck with nursing in the hospital either, and had to stop nursing our first kid all together. This time though we just paid for a lactation consultant, and one visit ($100) was all it took to get Oliver nursing. When we did the math and realized how much we'd be paying for formula, it definitely made sense to go with a consultant. Best of luck.
PS We're going to be in Michigan for a couple of weeks this summer and would love to see you guys!
Hooray! She is the cutest little thing in America! :) I can feel your excitement and joy, and I am so happy for you. Congratulations, and welcome to Ruby!
FELICIDADES!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I am soooo happy for you! Finally, she is here! And lemme tell ya--she's a cutie! How fun that she has all that hair! I'm so impressed you did it natural--not a chance in you-know-what that I would do that!! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment