The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

motherhood

So, Matt and I have been parents for about 9 days now. I think it is funny that we are still counting in days, compared to all of you who have been doing it for YEARS!!! Ruby is such a great baby and we love her so much! This whole experience gives me a whole new perspective on how much my mom loves me and especially how much Heavenly Father loves all of us as His children. I love our little baby so much and I've only known her a little while, not counting the 9 months she was inside me, kicking and jabbing at my organs! What good times those were!! Ruby is a great eater...just like us and she loves to sleep...just like us! We feel like we are back on the mission, where you are so tired youfall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow!! Even as I am writing this, I could fall asleep right now, even though it is still light outside. I will try to wait until Matt gets home from scouts.

We are blessing our precious baby this sunday at church. Everyone is surprised we are doing it so soon but we are both healthy and strong and are leaving right after sacrament mtg so no one can touch her and spread their germs!!

I just feel so blessed to have such a gorgeous and healthy daughter! She has changed our lives dramatically in the short time that we have known her! Here is a poem a friend of Matt's shared with him.

Rubies

THEY brought me rubies from the mine,And held them to the sun;
I said, they are drops of frozen wine
From Eden's vats that run.

I looked again,--I thought them hearts
Of friends to friends unknown;
Tides that should warm each neighboring life Are locked in sparkling stone.

But fire to thaw that ruddy snow,To break enchanted ice,
And give love's scarlet tides to flow,
-- When shall that sun arise?

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

NTG said...

Mary you are the cutest Momma!! I am so glad things are going good and that Ruby is sleeping and eating good. I am so happy for you guys and would love to see more pics of my cutie niece. Sorry we cant be there for the blessing but we will be there in spirit. Love you so much.

Your bro.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.