Inhaling their goodness...their littleness...and the opportunity of moments I can never get back years to come. My littles await.
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller
Friday, August 27, 2010
michigan
Never in a million years did I think I would say that I miss Michigan, but I do! We went back this past weekend for a fantasy football draft and had a lot of fun. We played outside, went to the park, fed the ducks, hung out with Beth, Chris, Riley and Reidle, were spoiled by Matt's parents (know how I was spoiled? I didn't have to cook or cleanup, unless you count one pan of mac and cheese, for the whole weekend! That is a TRUE vacation!) and just had a nice relaxing few days. Want to know why I miss MI so much? because we could actually do those things outside! It is so freaking hot here in Nashville, we rarely go outside unless it is to swim. We do swim a lot, but it is fun to be able to run, walk and play outside too! And I miss the cloudy skies! I know, I am crazy but the sun sucks so much energy and is so hot! It was just so nice to be outside. I am looking forward to nashville cooling down. I know I served my mission in the caribbean, but it is a different kind of hot. Well, who knows, hot is hot right? And I loved hanging out with family. i love KNOWING people and having them know me. So, I miss MI. There I said it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Provided by hit counter code counter website. |
6 comments:
I can definitely relate. Bethany and I were so excited to leave Michigan, but the Texas summers have beaten us down. We were up there earlier this summer and realized how much we missed it. Maybe we need to go back in the winter to remember why we left in the first place!
Yes, we have to wait until winter and then we will appreciate where we live! Someday, we're going to live by each other, and I can't wait!
I do too, Mary. I do too. I think moving away helps you realize how much you love it. It will always be home. ;) Miss you girl!
p.s.remember when we used to call you Mary, Maria, de los Santos, villalobos, santa cruz, taco, enchilada, rice and beans?!
p.p.s I was CRYING laughing writing that, btw.
We miss you guys. It was so fun to have you guys here. Riley and Ruby were so cute together and Belle and Reid are saliva cousins now because they shared a binky. You make MI sound so great but I would love to move. I guess the grass is always greener.
How funny that you say that you miss the cloudy skies. I think it is what you are used to. The cloudy skies have been hard for me to get used to. Especially during the winter. I can do cold, if the sun is at least shining. Seth says the same thing about the sun when we go back to Utah. He says it sucks the energy out of him. But I think I get my energy from the sun. :) Glad you are moving into a new house. Good luck!
How funny that you say that you miss the cloudy skies. I think it is what you are used to. The cloudy skies have been hard for me to get used to. Especially during the winter. I can do cold, if the sun is at least shining. Seth says the same thing about the sun when we go back to Utah. He says it sucks the energy out of him. But I think I get my energy from the sun. :) Glad you are moving into a new house. Good luck!
Post a Comment