The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Monday, September 21, 2009

"Big as a house"

Those were the exact words my mom used when she saw me. Except she also added "Dang!, you're big as a house!" Only my mom can get away with saying something like that. I would punch anyone else. But that is how I feel right now. Big as a house. Clothes are uncomfortable. Sleeping is uncomfortable. Waiting is uncomfortable. Everything is uncomfortable. Don't you just love pregnancy??? Especially this last stretch when all you can do is hope and pray for contractions to start because this has been a LONG nine months and I am so ready to have the babe.

Yesterday I realized we have a baby coming to the house, hopefully soon, and I started to STRESS. The house is a mess. Ruby has croup. She has been sick all weekend and we saw the doc today who said it was croup. But newborns aren't really affected by it...(Please let that be true!!!) The cupboards are bare. Laundry is piling up again. I feel like I just did it!!! But mostly, I am just feeling anxious. I feel like I am most anxious about Ruby and how she is feeling being sick like she is and knowing that her little baby life will change in a few days with a new little sis on the way.

6 comments:

alecia said...

oh, mary...

Libby said...

Hang in there! This is a great time to snuggle with a sick Ruby on the couch, eat as many Oreos as you can handle (at this point, 4 or 5 should do the trick) and watch your favorite old movies. Just a few more days to go.

Linz said...

We are praying for you!

Erin said...

oh man, Mary. I know that feeling....pure desparation!! Hang in there! She'll be here in no time! :)

Brynley said...

ohhh I didn't know ruby has croup. Let me know how to help. We can pick things up at the store for you. I would love too!!! Also, Paul is willing to drive matt from work if you go into labor. and I'm home all day...so let me drive you if I need too. We would love to help. So many people have helped me...and I want to lend a hand...it would bring me so much joy to know I was helping. Call me!! also, I can watch ruby when you go.

J'Amy Day said...

Mary! This too shall pass...:)

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.