The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

babies in wigs are the best


So, this post has nothing to do with wigs, except for the pictures. I just thouht they were so cute in the wig that I found in Beth's front closet...I wonder where it came from?

Anywho, my bday was on the 22nd of Sept. My in laws gave me a gift certificate for a facial which I couldn't wait to use. I went last night and was so excited to walk in and smell the Aveda products, see the facial gown waiting for me on the bed and the candles lit all over the room. That was about as good as it got. This lady totally sucked!!! It was the worst facial I have ever gotten and I was so disappointed. It was such a bad facial that I was actually hoping it would be done soon! It was at Breathe salon in Brighton. Don't ever go there!!!! The funny thing was that it was the owner who gave me the facial and she thought she was doing a great job. When I worked as an Esthetician while I was pregnant, I loved what I did and thoroughly enjoyed working with people and making their facial the best facial they ever got. I know I did a good job everytime. Well, this lady was horrible. And the worst part...I TIPPED HER!!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING???????? I shouldn't have even paid for it, it was so bad. It seriously made me want to cry it was so bad. I just wanted a relaxing experience to take some of the tension out of my shoulders and neck and all I got was massage oil rubbed all over me and a facial mask I could have done at my house!!! I feel all riled up about it again, knowing that I gave her 20$$ for a crappy job...it makes my heart hurt. Matt could have eaten out for luch instead of eating PB&J.

Will I never learn? I feel like a big dum dum because I gave that woman money when she did not deserve it. Do we have to tip even when the person sucks? To the few readers of this blog, tell me what you think... I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!! Please!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Ack! Sorry you had such a horrible experience! (Hey, do you know that you share a birthday with my niece Chloe?)

I tend to still tip if it's bad service (spa, restaurant, whatever) but it's a really, really low tip: a few coins, sometimes, if it's wretched enough.

I don't feel bad about this, either, since I'll tip well (20-25% sometimes) for good service.

My favorite tipping story is from some L.A. friends who went out for dinner together. When they'd finished eating, the waiter came over and said, "Wow, you girls can really pack it in" and then proceeded to ask if they wanted dessert.

In the "tip" line on the credit card slip, they wrote, "Don't tell a group of women that they can 'really pack it in.'"

maryp said...

Oh that's a good one! that guy should have known better...why would any man say that to any woman??? It's crazy talk!

mollie said...

Mar! That sucks! I know the feeling I have definatly dished out my fair share of undeserved tips!

My feelings totally changed about tipping when I became a server. You might think that I was more generous because I know what its like but I feel the total opposite! I guess it was more judgemental because, yes I have been there and I know what it takes.

If someone doesnt derserve it, dont tip. Yeah, they might be mad about it but if enough people felt this way and tipped accordingly then maybe that person would get the hint and shape up!

Doing customer service is never easy (we have all been there), but its also not that hard to make people happy.

Sorry to hear you wasted your money but dont beat yourself up about it. Its no big deal.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.