The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Saturday, August 23, 2008

our baby is growing up...

I love how weeks go by and I don't post anything and then all of a sudden I'm a posting maniac!


We've had a very big day in the price house today! Well, let me start from the beginning. Ruble had her 4 month well baby visit on thur and the doc said we could get her going on cereal. So I promptly went to the store to pick up the baby rice and oatmeal cereal. I wanted to wait until sat to start her on it, when Matt would be home too, so he could bask in the glory of his cute baby too. So, yesterday we went to meijers to get some baby bowls and spoons. Today, Matt set up her high chair, well take a look...the pictures speak for themselves.



Ruby's first time in the high chair

Getting ready for second breakfast-her tray looks sooo ginormous! First taste of rice cereal
She already wants to feed herself!
Mmm Mmm Good!


Who's the cutest cereal eating baby?
Not only was it Ruby's first cereal experience, but we also put her in the crib for the first time today. She has been sleeping in the cradle right by me for the past 4 months and we figured it was time to give her more sleeping space. It is still in our room but across the room, not right next to the bed. We'll see how it goes but I am already looking forward to a good nights sleep where I don't hear her grunting and moving around all the time. I have to admit though, it is my own fault that she has been next to me for so long. I know a lot of babies go right into their own rooms and cribs as soon as they are born but I really liked having my sweet girl right next to us. For my convenience for when she woke up in the middle of the night but also, cuz i like having her close! I love Ruby sooo much and it is hard being away from her! I'm more of a baby than she is but I know that she will be scooting around sooner than we think! We haven't even left her with a babysitter yet...but that is a whole other post! Peace out!


3 comments:

bethy said...

what cute pics if Ruby in her high chair. she is so cute

Linz said...

Way to go on the cereal Rubles! Oh my goodness I love her hair.

mollie said...

I love that last pic of Rubes with her huge eyes! Man, she is a little cutie! Thanks for posting some cute pics! It keeps me from being totally shocked when I see how big everyone is getting!

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.