Inhaling their goodness...their littleness...and the opportunity of moments I can never get back years to come. My littles await.
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller
Monday, April 16, 2012
One of those days
Today was one of those days where I did not want to get out of bed. I knew there were 3 little ones waiting for me-bouncing off the walls and just happy to be alive. I love their energy and enthusiasm for everything around them but this morning all I wanted to do was pull the covers over my head and sleep for another five hours. I am a tired mama. But get out of bed, I did. I honestly can't remember what we did this morning. Isn't that sad? The days seriously blend together lately. But now I am remembering a little-after Belle was down for a nap I wanted to practice writing letters with Ruby. We did that for less than five minutes and then I gave her some scrapbook paper, some kid scissors and glue and told her to go to town with it. She loves cutting and gluing. While Belle and Georgie were sleeping, the afternoon slump hit and I knew we had to go somewhere or I would pass out. So, as soon as the kids were up we jumped in the car and headed to Homegoods, about 35 minutes away. On the way out of our neighborhood, I noticed that I didn't have my carmex and that we were pretty low on gas but I knew we could make it up there and I figured I could live w/o my carmex for awhile. SO we kept going. When we got there, I realized that I didn't have my wallet. I couldn't believe it. Which meant I couldn't get my retail therapy nor the gas that I needed. I just turned the car back on and headed home super frustrated at myself. While it wasn't the greatest day on the records, some nice things happened also. I had dinner in the crockpot so I didn't have to stress about making dinner. Matt came home at a decent hour. I bathed my cute baby. He loves his bath and I love having a clean baby. I was going to clean the kitchen after dinner and Belle comes in and asks if I can hold her while she watches her Baby Einstein video. I jumped at the chance and snuggled with her for awhile and just relaxed knowing the kitchen could wait awhile. I cut Matt's hair. And now the house is semi clean, the dishwasher is running, the kids are all asleep. I am going to take a shower to wash the day off and go to bed and hope that my boy will give me a good five hours of sleep for the first leg of the night. SO, all in all life is good. I am sad I didn't get to shop at Homegoods but I know we saved a lot of money because I forgot my wallet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Provided by hit counter code counter website. |
2 comments:
You handled that situation very well. I think I would have cried.
Linz, yeah I almost did but I was mostly just stunned that I even did that. Plus I was without my license. It could have gone a lot worse than it did. I'm just glad we made it home with no gas! If I was stuck on the freeway with 3 kids then I would have cried for sure!!
Post a Comment