The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The First Week!

Today marks the one week anniversary of moving into corporate housing. Wow. What a week. First, Nashville is awesome. The weather is to die for. I LOVE IT! Coming from MI where it was snowy and cold to this warm weather has been sooo nice! But we are all paying the price because we are all sick now...but that is besides the point! My mom drove down with me and the girls in the Jeep. We left at 11 after saying goodbye to Beth, Ra-ra and Reidle Beedle. We drove and drove and stopped and stopped. We didn't get to the hotel until 10pm ish. It took forever! So long, in fact that Matt, who waited until the movers were done around 330ish, got to the hotel a mere hour or so after we did. Crazy huh?

We checked into the apartment on Thursday and it is really nice. It is just a two bedroom but in a super nice ritzy area. I looked into the rent in this place because I would like to live here but it is around 1500-2000$$$/month. We are a hop skip and jump away from Vanderbilt University and downtown Nashville. We have checked out The Grand Ole Opry and a few of the restaurants and malls around. I have only gotten lost once. I can't orient myself to the directions around here yet but luckily everything is close to us. Matt left on Sunday to go to Calgary and is coming home tomorrow. My mom is leaving on Saturday. I love having my mom around. She is great company and is so helpful. I know she will be glad to get back to Ypsi but I have loved having her here. Her unemployment has been working out pretty well for me!!!

The girls are good. Ruby is talking up a storm! Seriously! By the time she is 2, she will be talking in sentences and singing on American Idol. Her favorite things to do are singing itsy bitsy spider, popcorn popping and drawing on anything in sight. She is such a dumpling. She has adjusted well to coming down here. She will miss Ra-Ra and SAM though. I hope we can find some awesome people down here to have some playdates with like we had with Brynley, SAM and the girlies! Belly is such a little gem. Her dimples are so precious and I just love her to death. She is becoming quite the mommas girl. She just wants to be around me all the time. I can't help but feel flattered that such an amazing baby wants to keep my company but she does, especially in the middle of the night.

Matt is going to do great at this new job. He has been doing orientation this week in Calgary. It turns out he will be working on Infiniti instead of Nissan and he will be working a lot. There are a lot of new people on this account so they all have to learn together. He is super excited about this opportunity. We are just thankful he could find such a good job so quickly.

I am just looking forward to finding a place to live. I love stability and I feel like I am in limbo. Hopefully we can look at some places this weekend. I miss my friends and family. I will miss being bored at home and calling my mom and sister to tell them we are coming down and to get ready for a party (aka, going to Target and watching Ruby and Riley fighting over toys! Believe me, IT WAS FUN!!!) Now I will have to do that on my own with the girls. I think I am going to join some moms group or something down here to get to know some peeps. That will help a lot. Either that, or get a Rx for Prozac!

More to come later!

2 comments:

Linz said...

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! Can't wait to see pics of the Nashville sites.

Erin said...

You made it!! Yeah! So when you go to a restaurant do they say..."can I get ya'll a sweet tea or a coke?" like they do here?! ha ha!

I hope you find some new friends quick. I am excited for this new adventure for you!

P.S. I love your new blog title and quote. So cute.

p.s.s. Love ya!

p.s.s.s. where is Beth is the blog-o-sphere?! I miss her.

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.