The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Friday, December 4, 2009

Proud Mary!

Ok, I admit it. I am a little clingy to my kids. And it shows. Ruby is pretty clingy to me and has been sleeping in our bed for a long time...I won't say how long but she is 19 months old and, well, it's been a long time that Matt has been getting kicked in the back by his oldest daughter. For some reason she doesn't kick me at all. He-he!
As you can see, Ruby is by my side 24-7 and it has been getting more, I don't want to say frustrating (but I will) the past few days. Matt was out of town for a few days this week. We were on our own and I was dreading it. Especially bedtime. He usually puts Ruby down and I am taking care of baby Belle. With him not here, it was all on me. It was a horrible experience because of the way that we put Ruby to sleep. It takes FOREVER!!! And it was driving me nuts. Bonkers! Ready to blow my brains out!! So I finally had a breakthrough that her being so dependent on me to go to bed is a BAD thing and we are done with it. Not so bad to cuddle with her, give her a bottle (that is next on our list to get rid of but one thing at a time! Don't judge!)
read books and settle down. But she really needs to learn how to sleep on her own. Well, last night out of pure frustration she cried herself to sleep. It is such fake crying I realize and she actually fell asleep on her own. Glory upon glories! I actually had time to clean up, nurse the baby and sit down for a few minutes. I loved it. And we did it again for her nap. I am so proud of myself for being strong and of my girl for going to sleep. And I won't tell you how good I slept last night without Ruby in bed with us. It was fantastic. And with Belle only waking up twice last night and going right back to bed after her nursing...pure bliss!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Keep it up girl! You're doing the right thing!

J'Amy Day said...

Good for you, Mary! That is the hardest thing to do, but SOOOOO worth it. Riley, our first, slept with us forever, too, and we quickly learned how we had created a monster! It was so hard to let her cry, but we were all a happier family for it.

BTW - Belle looked beautiful in her blessing dress yesterday. How fun for you family to be there for it! Enjoyed your testimony, too. :)

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.