The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart-Helen Keller

Saturday, June 21, 2008

2 months already...

Ruby is two months old already! Yesterday was the big day of celebration...we had hamburgers on the grill (delicious honey!) while baby looked on from her bouncy chair. I think she wants real food already because everytime I eat, she stares at it longingly. She is her mother's daughter!
At her two month well baby visit she weighed 11lbs 2.5 oz and is 23in long. She weighed less than I expected but the dr said she is growing great. She also had her first set of shots and she did great. It was so sad to see her so helpless and defenseless on the table in just her dipey, know ing what was about to happen. I held her hands and turned away, I didn't want to see them do it. But i could tell from the way her little grip on my fingers tightened to a kung foo grip that it went in, that and the shade of red her face turned and the horrible breathless scream she let out! It was the first painful thing I had seen done to my baby, that was for her own good. It gave me a vision of her life to come. Not that her life will be filled with shots and pain but I know there will be moments when we will have to sit by as parents while RUby goes through things beyond our control that will be hard to watch but she has to go through to grow and mature and develop. I know I had a lot of challenges to go through, so does everyone but I guess it is different when it is your baby, whether she is 2months old, or tweny two!

Matt said this doesn't make sense. Hopefully it makes sense to someone. It does to me.

3 comments:

Linz said...

It makes sense to me! The first shots that you have to witness are THE worst. That was when I saw Violet's first actual tears. It does get better though especially if you have a nurse who is really quick about it. Aw, Rubles. We love you!

alecia said...

Makes sense to me, too. I remember telling myself those same things after ruthie's first shots. I wish I would have thought to look away...seeing her blood for the first time was not pleasant.

Bethany and Cameron said...

What you said makes sense to all moms! It is a crapp crappy day when you hafta watch your baby hurt.:( We hafta do it next week for Haylee's 9 month check up...:(

hit counter
Provided by hit counter code counter website.